Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ramblings

Every time I go to pick up Sage I always get a chuckle at the scene just before the bell rings.  Dozens of parents stand in a semi-circle around the schools entrances, staring at the door in quiet patience for their kids to emerge.  I always wonder if anyone else ever thinks to themselves how ridiculous we must look.  Very few chat with each other and impressively, in my opinion, very few use those minutes to chat on their phone or text someone.  We're all just waiting for that first glimpse of our child's face.  I'm curious as to how this scene will change now that the temperature is steadily dropping!
Poor little Clare has had an awful case of croup this week.  Her breathing was so raspy that even Brent got pretty worried and it takes a lot for him to get to that point.  She stays so sweet through it though, telling us in her cracked, whispered voice that she thinks she's feeling better.  I don't know where she got that sweet attitude from because neither Brent or myself are pleasant people when we're sick.  Today was definitely a better day and to add to it, it started snowing for the first time this season while she was sleeping.  Looking out the window was like watching a snow globe settle after a vigorous shaking.  When I picked up Clare from her nap, I told her I had a surprise for her and brought to the window, watching her face the whole time.  She just got a sleepy smile and quietly said "It's snowing!  That means it's almost winter.  That means it is going to get colder."  Goodness, she has no idea how right she is!
We're getting ready for Sage's sixth birthday this Friday and party on the next day.  I'm emotional about her birthday as usual but looking forward to getting to celebrate it with almost all of her cousins.  Pictures and details are soon to come!

No comments: