Monday, July 14, 2008

The New Me

Alright, I'm trying this again. My friend, Amy Meeker, has this beautiful blog that she's using as a journal for her family. So, inspired by her, I'm going to attack this whole blog thing again from that perspective--a wonderful gift to give to my daughters someday. Because I am notoriously terrible at keeping up with posts, I will not be sharing this new me with anyone until I have firmly established a routine with it. So let us begin.

Our family is in a strange time right now. In three weeks Brent will leave to begin his training before being deployed to Afghanistan. All total he will be gone for one year. Yep, there's that sickening feeling in my stomach again. One year. Yea, I know we have it really great compared to others. Yesterday Brent told me about a guy who has been deployed for a total of 40-some months so far. Can you imagine? But inspite of knowing the blessing that this will probably be Brent's only deployment and that he will be going to a relatively safe place I am still so sad. He is my best friend and my favorite person in the whole world, how can I even comprehend a year without seeing him face to face or touching him or watching him play with his girls? I can't imagine how Brent must feel at the thought of missing a whole year of Sage and Clare's life. This guy loves his family like you wouldn't believe. I know I will never, ever have to ask him to make more time for me or the girls--he's always there, always ready to play, always ready to help.
I could go on and on about the sadness in this whole situation but who wants to read about that and I really don't care to wade around in those murky waters for too long. I need to stay positive for myself, for Sage and Clare and mostly for Brent. I always say that so much about life is the choices we make including our attitudes. So I'm choosing to look for what God wants to teach me these next twelve months and I will look for the blessings that I know He'll send my way. But please Lord, make the time fly!

No comments: