Sunday, August 10, 2008

She Did It!



She made it down the aisle! I wish so badly that I could have watched her but I was busy playing some music for her to walk to. From what my Mom said, (thanks again Mom, things would not have gone so great if you hadn't been there) she started out and then Mom took off to go meet her up front but Sage kinda stalled until a very kind usher walked with her a little ways and then let her go on her own. About a third of the way to go she stopped and realized she was completely on her own so she squeezed her eyes as closed until she could only see out very small slits and went the rest of the way down the aisle as if thinking "if I close my eyes nobody will see me." Nana was there to greet her and then I joined them to sit during the ceremony while Sage enjoyed her jelly belly beans she had been promised as a reward.


Oh my little Sage, I was so proud of you today. You are wonderful just the way you are--a tough little girl who will brave it out and be herself no matter what. Thank you for singing your little songs while I played after the ceremony, your sweet La, La's are the most beautiful melodies I've ever heard.



It was a beautiful day with a beautiful bride and groom but what I will treasure in my heart is the memory of my little flower princess dancing barefoot to her own song.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ingrid, the girls are going to be flower girls in September and I am so nervous. But at least I'm not playing Piano too. Sage looked so adorable. I hate that our guys aren't there on these days to see their beautiful girls. I just keep chanting "they won't remember they won't remember". Thinking of you each day and can't wait til October.