Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Visit to the North Country

As I mentioned in the last post, we took a trip up to ND/MN to visit our family and friends. A whirlwind of a trip that included staying overnight at five different places over the course of eight days. It was asking a lot of the girls but they did really well considering and it was worth the build up of exhaustion just to watch all little cousins playing together. The main reason we went up was because all three of my brothers and their families were going to be there and with two families out in NY, this doesn't happen too often. If I learned anything on this trip it's that I am incredibly blessed with amazing friends and family. Like Melanie and Eric, who are going into the Peace Corp for two years this October knowing that there is a great chance they are going to have some major digestive problems but will risk it because their hearts are so big and they just want to show love to those who need it most. Or like Becky and Travis who have two boys (and I mean boys in all its meaning!) ages 3 and 4, and are going to have twins in a couple of weeks. There should be some kind of award for that. These two are wise beyond their years and so humble at the same time. They are two of the coolest people I know and anyone would totally love hanging out with them. And then there is Stacy who, bless her heart, when I asked to look for things at garage sales in Fargo, ND for me so that I won't have to lug a bunch of stuff up there in November, took the list and went running from one sale to the next (I consider her an expert when it comes to garage sales) and completely checked off every item after first lending me the things she already has. This woman is so kind and generous--she has literally given me the socks off her daughter's feet when this ditsy mom here had forgotten to pack them. Nothing is better than friends who inspire you to be better and do better.
That's just friends, I also have a great and sometimes crazy (including you Mom) family but I need to wrap this blog up now because I only have so much time to myself after the girls have gone to bed and I need to soak it up. I'll talk about the family reunion another night. I know you are all anxious to here more so I'll pacify you with some pictures.
Aren't they cute?!


Clare and cousin Kason. He's three months, she's six months. He weighs over 14 lbs, she weighs around 13. We get a kick out of this.



Sage telling her Nana "Shhhh, Anika is shweeping." Apparently Anika must have superhero hearing because she was taking a nap in the cabin.



Admit it, you want to try it too.



Kade and Sarah, the two oldest cousins.

No comments: