Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Would This Work?

Sage, Clare and I got up bright and early this morning to meet friends...oh wait, we get up not too bright cause the sun's not quite up and way too early every morning (seriously, when do kids start sleeping in?)...anyway, to meet some friends at the Henry Doorly Zoo. It's a fabulous zoo and we hang out there a lot. So one of the things the kids really enjoyed today was this giant spider web they can play on. As I stood there trying look utterly amused by my child when really I was using every ounce of my body to keep my eyes open, I suddenly saw a real potential with this whole spider web play thing. Wouldn't it be great if it actually worked like a spider web--minus the whole spider bagging them up and sucking the life out of them part, of course. Let's say you had to go grocery shopping, you put them on the web on your way in telling them it's a fun place for them to play but little do they know their little butts won't be getting off until you're on way out.



Just plop them on there.


This is close but how do you convince your child it's fun?


Are you seeing it? I'm thinking pretty genious if you ask me.

Good grief,

I'm tired.

I have to go to bed.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Seriously the BEST idea ever. I love our grocery store in CA cuz it has a Kids Center where it's all glass and they have a movie, toys, craft center etc. You sign in your kid for FREE, they watch, play etc., you shop for up to 2 hours and they page if you if they need anything. My kids always come out with an art project done and a toy to take home and they beg to go there. They also get cookies from the bakery and a balloon. And this grocery store has a Starbucks with WIFI, a full gourmet prepared foods section with like super gourmet sandwiches and salads (it makes Panera look like the ghetto), it has a book section that rocks and a cute household section with gift ideas, cuisinart appliances, cute decorations/candles etc. great makeup/hair products, a full pharmacy, an actual US Post Office, DVD rental AND online grocery ordering so you really don't even have to "shop" if you don't want. Can I just tell you I heart this store the most. But I'll take a spare spiderweb for all other errands if you got one.